Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Are You Getting Bombarded by Telemarketing Calls?

If you want the telemarketers to stop calling your house then you need to register your phone numbers with the DO NOT CALL LIST!

The past month I have been receiving these calls again. It has been a few years since I have had to deal with these unsolicited calls and then all of a sudden they started again. I went to the website to file a complaint with the Do Not Call Registry (which I do frequently) and noticed that my phone number had dropped off of the list.

Well apparently your registration is only good for 5 years. So, if you were one of the first people to register your number on the Do Not Call list like I was, you may want to go re-register before they start calling again!! If you have never registered for the list, you can do so here:
https://www.donotcall.gov/

And a note to anyone in Direct Sales, when you cold call people to tell them about your business, you ARE violating the DO NOT CALL law if their phone number is on the Do Not Call list. If you practice cold calling then you need to see this page:
https://telemarketing.donotcall.gov/

No comments: